I recently asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
This is what I am (and have been) reading:Read an excerpt from Awake in the Dark and visit Shira Nayman's website.
- Joseph Roth Job
- James Salter A Sport and a Pastime (rereading)
- D.H. Lawrence Lady Chatterly's Lover (rereading)
- Nellie Hermann The Cure for Grief (I blurbed the book for Scribner; out in August. Really excellent book well worth reading)
- Maupassant Collected Stories
- John Williams Stoner (One of the best books I have ever read, reissued recently by NY Review of Books Press)