Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mike Angley

Mike Angley is the award-winning author of the Child Finder Trilogy. When his debut novel Child Finder launched in June 2009, Library Journal placed it on its Summer Reads List and called it a “compelling debut novel” and “a real find.” It won the Silver Medal for fiction from the Military Writers Society of America in 2009. The second novel, Child Finder: Resurrection, released in November 2009. The final story in the trilogy, Child Finder: Revelation, will release circa December 2010. Angley promises this one will “blow your mind!” On his website he says, “Some people think the truth is out there, but it’s not. It’s in here. In the final book, and it’s not anything you can imagine.”

Angley is a retired U.S. Air Force Colonel and Special Agent with the Office of Special Investigations (OSI – similar to the NCIS). He served on five command tours, and in his last assignment as Commander of OSI Region 8, at Air Force Space Command, he was fond of saying, “If it entered or exited Earth’s atmosphere, I had a dog in the fight!”

Earlier this month I asked him what he was reading. His reply:
I recently finished reading Joel Rosenberg’s The Last Jihad. As you can imagine I am drawn to thrillers not only because of my background as a USAF Special Agent, but because it’s also what I enjoy writing. The Last Jihad was published in 2003 (yes, I get around to new books when they’re not so new anymore!). It’s a great political thriller, a super page-turner, and it takes place primarily in Colorado, where I live. It poses the very frightening question, “What would happen if terrorists obtained nuclear weapons?” It’s loaded with many great twists and turns, international intrigue, and tons of action. Just what the doctor ordered!

I am currently reading a romance novel. Now, I don’t normally read romance stories, but Merline Lovelace’s The Last Bullet intrigued me for two reasons. The author is a retired USAF Colonel and a former Wing Commander (like me). In her Cleo North trilogy, of which The Last Bullet is the final story, she features an Air Force OSI Special Agent heroine. There are not too many novels featuring the Air Force OSI (other than Merline’s and mine, and I only know of about two others), so I thought I’d give it a read. It’s a romantic/suspense novel, so there’s still plenty of action and adventure to whet my whistle. I’m enjoying it thoroughly. Go Air Force!
Visit Mike Angley's website, and find him at FaceBook, Twitter, MySpace, and PoliceLink.

--Marshal Zeringue