Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jeremy Robinson

Jeremy Robinson is a bestselling novelist whose books include The Didymus Contingency, Raising the Past, Antarktos Rising, Pulse and Instinct.

Earlier this month I asked him what he was reading. His reply:
I’m eight chapters into Mammoth by John Varley. It was recommended to me by a fan who mentioned the premise of the book is uncannily similar to my novel, Raising the Past. So far, he’s right. Both books start with the excavation of a mammoth from the frozen tundra in Nunavut, a northern region of Canada. In both books, a human is discovered with the mammoth. In both books the humans are found with futuristic objects. But I think that’s where the stories head in different directions—Raising the Past to aliens and Mammoth to time travel. I can’t say for certain yet, but I think the time machine in Mammoth might be a wrist watch, which would then be uncannily similar to my novel The Didymus Contingency. The fan thought I had been plagiarized, but both books were published within months of each other and really are different stories. I’ve resisted reading Mammoth for a while because I thought the similarities might bother me, but thus far I’m really enjoying the read!
Watch the Instinct trailer, and learn more about the book and author at Jeremy Robinson's website.

My Book, the Movie: Instinct.

The Page 69 Test: Instinct.

--Marshal Zeringue