Thursday, September 30, 2010

Patricia Gussin

Patricia Gussin is the author of And Then There Was One, The Test, Twisted Justice, and Shadow of Death.

Earlier this month I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
The books I write are thrillers, but thrillers are not necessarily the book I read. Right now I’m re-reading The Burning Shore by Wilbur Smith. This was the title that turned me onto this astounding author. He brings high tension adventure, bigger than life characters, compelling plots, and a family sage theme.

Speaking of family saga, I love Barbara Bradford. A Woman of Substance is right next to me and read excerpts frequently to keep me on inspired. I love family themes because they evoke the pinnacle of emotion especially in thrillers.

That brings to mind Lisa Gardner and The Neighbor which I recently read and which won the International Thriller Award for best novel. Having a family oriented, albeit creepy thriller, win that prestigious award made me happy.

One more point, since I am an editor for Oceanview Publishing, I am always reading. Right I am now working on the proofs of two fine manuscripts. One is a family thriller, Someone’s Watching by Sharon Potts, whose first book won the Benjamin Franklin Award for Best Novel. The second is Public Anatomy, a medical thriller to rival the best. Scott Pearson, the author, is a real life surgeon. Because I am a physician I love medical themes.

I could go on and on, but I have to get back to my Kindle book, Ice Cold, by another phenomenal physician-writer, Tess Gerritson.
Visit Patricia Gussin's website.

The Page 69 Test: Shadow of Death.

My Book, The Movie: Twisted Justice.

The Page 69 Test: The Test.

My Book, The Movie: The Test.

--Marshal Zeringue