Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cherish D'Angelo

Cherish D'Angelo launched her debut contemporary romantic suspense Lancelot's Lady on September 27, 2010. Her novel has already won an Editor's Choice Award from Textnovel.com and placed in the semi-finals of Dorchester Publishing's "Next Best Celler" contest. Though this is Cherish's first romance novel, she's no stranger to booklovers; she's best known as bestselling Canadian suspense author Cheryl Kaye Tardif.

Last month I asked her what she reading. Her reply:
I have a couple of novels on the go and one marketing book, all by various authors. One thriller I'm reading that totally sucked me in is The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross. You may know Andrew from his partnership with James Patterson on the Women's Murder Club series that started with 1st to Die. It was made into a television series.

I've been a fan of Andrew's work for many years, so I knew that The Dark Tide would be an awesome treat. And it hasn't let me down yet. The Dark Tide hooked me from the first chapter, with its subtle foreshadowing on the first few pages. By the end of that chapter, you know something bad is going to happen. By chapter two, it does. Talk about being thrown into explosive action!

One thing I really enjoy about Andrew Gross's writing is that he's obviously picked up some techniques from Patterson. Like short chapters and chapter hook endings. This is a technique that makes the action so much quicker and sharper. It increases the pacing and the suspense.

I highly recommend The Dark Tide. I haven't finished the entire novel yet, but I have no doubt I will feel completely satisfied by the time I'm done. (Thank you, Andrew, for another heart-stopping, thrilling read!)
Learn more about Lancelot's Lady and Cherish D'Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at the official website and author's blog.

--Marshal Zeringue