Saturday, January 14, 2012

John Lescroart

John Lescroart's many novels include Damage, Treasure Hunt, The Betrayal, The Suspect, The Hunt Club, The Motive, The Second Chair, The First Law, The Oath, The Hearing, Nothing But the Truth, and the newly released The Hunter.

Earlier this month I asked him what he was reading.  His reply:
I'm reading two books at the moment, going on three, which is more or less typical. My daughter gave me a copy of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson and I picked it up, somewhat reluctantly, and found myself totally gripped by it. The guy was prickly, to say the least, and I don’t think I’d like to have hung with him, but one can’t deny his impact on our world – for good or ill – and his genius. This is a truly unputdownable book, and I haven’t had much luck putting it down.

Luckily, when I work out in the mornings, I usually read my second book. In this case, it’s an advanced readers copy (“ARC”) that was sent to me by Minotaur Press for a book that will be published in a few months entitled A Killing In The Hills by Julia Keller. I'm seventy pages in and it’s excellent.

Finally, prompted by my wife, I’m about to embark on my first Kindle read – Jeff Eugenides’s latest, The Marriage Plot, which both my wife and daughter have loved.
Visit John Lescroart's website.

--Marshal Zeringue