Friday, September 7, 2012

Enid Shomer

A widely published fiction writer and poetry, Enid Shomer is the author of seven books. Her work has been collected in more than fifty anthologies and textbooks, including POETRY: A HarperCollins Pocket Anthology, Best American Poetry, and New Stories from the South: The Year’s Best.

Shomer's new novel is The Twelve Rooms of the Nile.

Last month I asked the author what she was reading. Her reply:
Last January I had the privilege of hearing Francine Prose lecture on the stories of Anton Chekhov. Since then, I’ve been reading books by her that I missed when they came out, including the biography, Caravaggio, and the novellas entitled Guided Tours of Hell.

I enjoyed also Geraldine Brooks’s Caleb’s Crossing and Hella Winston’s Unchosen: The Hidden Lives of Hasidic Rebels.

A couple of days ago, I shelved the excellent memoir by Paul Pines entitled My Brother’s Madness.

Finally, I’ve just finished reading Julian Barnes’ latest novel The Sense of an Ending.
Visit Enid Shomer's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: The Twelve Rooms of the Nile.

--Marshal Zeringue