Monday, February 10, 2014

Patience Bloom

Patience Bloom is a senior editor at Harlequin Books and focuses specifically on Harlequin Romantic Suspense, which gives her full license to indulge in her love of the thriller genre and all things suspense.

Her new book is Romance Is My Day Job: A Memoir of Finding Love at Last.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Bloom's reply:
Finding Colin Firth by Mia March: I’m close to finishing this charming story about three women whose lives intersect in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Of course, any title mentioning Colin Firth compels a purchase, but I got swept up in the characters’ journeys through romance, pregnancy, pie-making, marriage, adoption, and starting over. This is a comfort read for the soul.

On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves: This book is utterly haunting, exploring gritty realities of “if you lived on a desert island…” The author’s straightforward style grabbed me and led me through a day-to-day struggle to survive. A very special book that stays with you long after you’ve finished.

Running with the Mind of Meditation by Sakyong Mipham Ripoche: I love to run and am trying to meditate every day. Turns out, you can do both! A friend recommended this book, which will help any runner rediscover his/her groove. I love how the author stresses mindfulness while running, appreciating each step, where you are, and how you’re running.
Visit Patience Bloom's website.

The Page 99 Test: Romance Is My Day Job.

--Marshal Zeringue