Saturday, June 20, 2015

Jax Miller

Jax Miller was born and raised in New York but currently lives in the Irish countryside. In 2013 she was shortlisted for the Crime Writers Association Debut Dagger award for her first (unpublished) novel titled The Assassin’s Keeper under the pseudonym Aine O Domhnaill.

Her new novel is Freedom's Child.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Miller's reply:
I’ve just started The Axeman’s Jazz by Ray Celestin. I was first attracted to its fabulous cover before reading the back. It’s a fiction that surrounds the real life crimes of the New Orleans serial killer, The Axeman, who butchered 6 people in 1919. From the get-go, the characters are written so incredibly well that you can feel them breathing next to you, not to mention the colorful setting that’s worded so incredibly that you can taste the Cajun spice on your tongue. While I’m a person who really tries not to read while writing (lest that author’s voice bleeds into my own), I can’t seem to put this one away. I’m still early on, and a dreadfully slow reader, so I can’t wait to see how this turns out.
Visit Jax Miller's website.

My Book, The Movie: Freedom's Child.

The Page 69 Test: Freedom's Child.

--Marshal Zeringue