Saturday, July 8, 2017

Patrick Dacey

Patrick Dacey holds an MFA from Syracuse University. He has taught English at several universities in the U.S. and Mexico, and has worked as a reporter, landscaper, door-to-door salesman, and most recently on the overnight staff at a homeless shelter and detox center. His stories have been featured in The Paris Review, Zoetrope All-Story,Guernica, Bomb magazine, and Salt Hill among other publications. Dacey is the author of The Outer Cape and We've Already Gone This Far.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. Dacey's reply:
Right now I’m about half way through Anne Enright’s The Green Road. I don’t know why I had never read her before, but that’s the joy in this life, constant discovery. I finished The Gathering last year, and bought this one soon after. This is why I love writing and reading words and lives, over any other form of art. Story never dies, never fades. Enright’s work reads like a dive into cenote, the writing so clear and precise, yet in all directions some surprise. I read her and ask myself if I can be so fortunate to give someone such a similar experience with my own work.
Follow Patrick Dacey on Twitter.

The Page 69 Test: The Outer Cape.

My Book, The Movie: The Outer Cape.

--Marshal Zeringue