Friday, April 13, 2018

Emma Berquist

Emma Berquist grew up in Austin, Texas and sunburns easily.

She currently lives in New Zealand and avoids the beach.

Her new novel is Devils Unto Dust.

Recently I asked Berquist about what she was reading; her reply:
I’ve recently been treating myself to some middle grade books and I just finished Merrill Wyatt’s Ernestine, Catastrophe Queen. Even if I didn’t know the author, I’d have to pick this one up because it’s about a precocious girl trying to start the zombie apocalypse, and I’m all about zombies. This book is so enjoyable, a fast-paced mystery with an irrepressible main character and a cast of farcical elderly patrons. Since I’ve been all kinds of anxious about my first book releasing, I really needed a laugh and a distraction, and this hit the spot exactly.
Visit Emma Berquist's website.

The Page 69 Test: Devils Unto Dust.

--Marshal Zeringue