Saturday, June 25, 2022

Katie Tallo

Katie Tallo has been an award-winning screenwriter and director for more than two decades. In 2012, she was inspired to begin writing novels.

Dark August is her debut novel.

Tallo's new novel is Poison Lilies.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I just finished Joan Didion’s Play It As It Lays. The character is an emotionally fragile actress whose marriage and career have fallen apart. It’s moody and shocking and raw. It captures the 60s vibe really well yet feels so relevant and timeless. Emptiness and apathy exist in any era I suppose. I think I can learn a lot from Didion’s writing. She's fearless and witty and does it all with little flourish. Her prose is bare-bones yet cuts to the bone. I can’t believe this is the first book I’ve read of hers. It won’t be the last.
Visit Katie Tallo's website.

The Page 69 Test: Dark August.

Q&A with Katie Tallo.

--Marshal Zeringue