Thursday, November 17, 2022

Soraya M. Lane

As a child, Soraya M. Lane dreamed of becoming an author, recreating the types of stories she devoured day and night. Fast forward more than a few years, and Lane is now living her dream. Working as a full-time author, she writes every day around her other job of being a mom to two little boys. She describes being an author as “the best career in the world,” and she hopes to be writing for many years to come.

Lane loves spending her days thinking up characters for her novels, and her home is a constant source of inspiration. She lives with her husband and two sons on a small farm in New Zealand, surrounded by animals and with an office overlooking a field where their horses graze.

Lane's new novel is The London Girls.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’m reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Or more accurately, I’ve just finished reading it!

I honestly don’t know where to start with this book. It’s so uniquely different to anything I’ve ever read before, and I was about 10 pages in when I realised that it was going to be a very special read. I loved the way the story unfolded and how cleverly it was told, weaving the past with the present, and Evelyn was such an incredible, bold and different character. The old Hollywood glamor really appealed to me, as did the glimpse into a world I knew nothing about. Absolutely the best book I’ve read this year, and although I never usually re-read books, I could definitely re-read this one, it was so good.
Visit Soraya Lane's website.

Q&A with Soraya M. Lane.

--Marshal Zeringue