Thursday, July 10, 2008

Craig Robinson

Craig Robinson is "an English future ex-smoker, currently living in Berlin."

When I saw that Rebecca Armstrong of the Independent placed Robinson's Atlas Schmatlas atop her list of the ten best atlases, I got in touch and asked him what he was reading. His reply:
I'm rather embarrassed to say that over the past six months that I've spent travelling around the Americas, I've not finished a single book. I've started reading several, but I've got sidetracked, not picked the books up again, and ended up dumping them along the way. I started a PG Wodehouse book, Moby-Dick, Huckleberry Finn, Oil!, a Paul Auster book that I forget the name of, and The Shroud of the Thwacker by Chris Elliott. I still hold out hopes for the Auster and Elliott books to end up being read completely, but the others I'll have to re-acquire and give another go at some point. It seems strange, though, because everyone tells you to take a couple of good books when you're travelling, but reading has kinda been the last thing on my mind while I've been doing it. I sit on buses and trains and planes, and I'm just happy to look out of the window for the most part.
Craig Robinson is an artist, illustrator, designer and animator living and working in Berlin. His popular website is Flip Flop Flyin'.

Atlas Scmatlas is his third book. Learn more about the book and check out some excerpts.

--Marshal Zeringue