Friday, December 25, 2009

Lesley Kagen

Lesley Kagen is the author of Whistling in the Dark and Land of a Hundred Wonders. Her new novel, Tomorrow River, will be released on April 29, 2010.

I recently asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
A little of this, a little of that.

I just finished Sue Grafton's newest mystery, U is for Undertow. I have favorite authors, like Ms. Grafton and Robert B. Parker, who I've been reading for years. I just about faint when I see they've got a new one coming out.

Next up: Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. I loved Ms. Walls memoir, The Glass Castle, and her newest promises to be just as wonderful. Love the cover, the simple, straight forward language. And the time period. I'm a sucker for fiction set in the West. I grew up with John Wayne movies. Just about any story that has horses makes me happy.

I adored Per Petterson's, Out Stealing Horses. Such luscious imagery and characterizations. Same goes for Olive Kitteridge.

Poetry is a favorite, too. Emily Dickinson.

I go crazy for anything beautifully written, no matter what genre.
Visit Lesley Kagen's website.

--Marshal Zeringue