Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ted Kosmatka

Ted Kosmatka is the author of the novels The Games and the recently released Prophet of Bones. His short fiction has been nominated for both the Nebula Award and the Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award, and appeared in numerous Year's Best collections.

A few weeks ago I asked the author about what he was reading. Kosmatka's reply:
I’ve actually gotten my hands on several good books recently. I just finished Mark Teppo’s Earth Thirst, which I greatly enjoyed and recommend to anyone who loves gritty, well-written future-noir. I also recently read Robert Sawyer’s Calculating God, which I picked up at the Rainforest Writers’ Retreat about a month ago. The premise alone made the book impossible to put down.

Quintessence, by David Walton, is another recent read which I was very impressed by. It’s a vivid, imaginative, ambitious novel that I plowed through very quickly. I bumped into Erin M. Evans at Norwescon, and we traded some books, so I now have Brimstone Angels in my possession, and I’ll be starting that one next. Loved the first paragraph, which hooked me right into the story, so now I’m looking forward to diving in to read the rest.
Visit Ted Kosmatka's website.

Writers Read: Ted Kosmatka (March 2012).

The Page 69 Test: The Games.

My Book, the Movie: The Games.

My Book, the Movie: Prophet of Bones.

--Marshal Zeringue