Sunday, August 31, 2014

Shannon Stoker

Shannon Stoker has been writing her entire life. She decided to give writing a serious try after her husband bought her a small dog as a birthday gift. Nucky stole her heart immediately and she wanted a job that provided more flexibility to stay with him.

When she’s not writing Stoker enjoys watching an insane amount of television shows as well as horror movies. She got a little taste of television herself when she competed on an episode of TLC’s Four Weddings. You can catch her episode in replays on the channel. Her latest book is The Alliance: A Registry Novel.

Stoker was born in Clawson, Michigan and raised in Elgin, Illinois. She currently lives in DeKalb, Illinois with her husband Andy and small dog Nucky.

Not so long ago I asked the author about what she was reading. Stoker's reply:
I am in a book club and we are reading Orange is the New Black this month. I rarely do non-fiction so it’s a nice change. I’m plugging along at Doctor Sleep too, which I really need to finish. Someone gave me a copy as a Christmas present, so it’s only been eight months *lowers head in shame*.

While no particular title comes to mind I have really been eating up Werewolf Romances the past year. Randomly I will download one and finish it the same night. They have become my guilty pleasure. I think I like them more than chocolate.

The last series I finished was The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I was sad it ended but very happy with the character’s choices. Cass’ series is one of the few that I knew I had to read just by seeing the covers.
Visit Shannon Stoker's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Shannon Stoker & Nucky.

--Marshal Zeringue