Thursday, March 5, 2020

Katrin Schumann

Katrin Schumann is the author of the Washington Post and Amazon Charts bestseller The Forgotten Hours. Born in Freiburg, Germany, she lives in Boston and Key West.

Schumann's new novel is This Terrible Beauty.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
To be honest, I'm in the middle of reading four books right now because I'm doing research for my next novel. It's hard for me to really enjoy an immersive reading experience when I'm in research mode. However, I read Rick Moody's atmospheric novel, The Ice Storm, about the 1970s recently and was utterly engrossed and transported. It's definitely the kind of book I'll read again: full of incredible period details, but also thoughtful about the human condition and deeply moving.

Before going on vacation I picked a book out of my bookshelves that I read about 20 years ago--Barbara Gowdy's The Romantic. It's a fascinating read because you know what's going to happen at the very beginning of the story, and yet you have to keep turning the pages to find out how it happens and why. Those are my favorite kind of books, when I want to live inside the character's heads.
Visit Katrin Schumann's website.

--Marshal Zeringue