Friday, August 18, 2023

Mark Pryor

Mark Pryor is a former newspaper reporter and felony prosecutor, originally from England but now living in Austin, Texas. He is the author of the Hugo Marston mystery series, set in Paris, London, and Barcelona. Pryor is also the author of the psychological thrillers, Hollow Man, and its sequel, Dominic. As a prosecutor, he appeared on CBS News's 48 Hours and Discovery Channel's Discovery ID: Cold Blood.

Last year Pryor introduced Detective Henri Lefort in his first World War II mystery, Die Around Sundown.

His new novel is the second book in the series, The Dark Edge of Night.

Recently I asked Pryor about what he was reading. His reply:
I'm reading The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles. I like to step away from crime fiction from time to time and one of my favorite books ever was A Gentleman in Moscow, so I knew Lincoln Highway would be good. I'm about halfway through and loving the prose, plot, and characters. I'm always impressed when an author is good enough to capture and convey a sense of place, and Towles proves how good he is in this book, just as he did in his historical Moscow hotel.
Visit Mark Pryor's website.

My Book, The Movie: Dominic.

My Book, The Movie: Die Around Sundown.

Q&A with Mark Pryor.

My Book, The Movie: The Dark Edge of Night.

--Marshal Zeringue