Sunday, February 4, 2024

Amina Akhtar

Amina Akhtar is a novelist and former fashion editor. Her satirical first novel, #FashionVictim, drew critical acclaim. Kismet, her second book, was set in the stunning and creepy world of wellness.

Akhtar has worked at Vogue, Elle, the New York Times, and New York Magazine, where she was the founding editor of the women’s blog The Cut. She currently lives not too far from the Sedona vortices.

Almost Surely Dead is Akhtar’s third novel.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
Missing White Woman by Kellye Garrett (out April 30, 2024)

If you’ve read any of Kellye’s books you know she’s so funny and clever while also tackling issues, which is a hard balance but she does it. Missing White Woman is her best book yet. It takes on the idea of crime and voyeurs and asks who gets to be the victim here? The twists and turns had me shocked—I didn’t expect the ending at all. It’s brilliant, preorder it now!

Youthjuice by E.K. Sathue

This book was written for me. That’s what I felt while reading it. Beauty and murder? Hello! Loved it. But more than the concept I fell in love with Sathue’s prose. She’s such a fantastic writer and her turns of phrase made me fall in love.
Visit Amina Akhtar's website.

Q&A with Amina Akhtar.

--Marshal Zeringue