Sunday, April 29, 2007

Claire Zulkey

Claire Zulkey edits the blog Zulkey.com, where she often runs interviews.

She is getting her Master's in Creative Writing from Northwestern University. Her work has appeared in ElleGirl, the Chicago Tribune, Glamour and Modern Bride. She also wrote a very short humor book called Girls! Girls! Girls!

I recently asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I've been a starter and stopper a lot lately when it comes to books and I'm ashamed of it. I have a good excuse, though -- I'm working on my thesis for grad school so simply don't have time to read that much. Most often these days you'll catch me reading The New Yorker, but I'm also slowly making my way through The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon. That too is actually for my thesis, not because mine's about depression but I was curious about the nonfiction/memoir structure that Solomon uses. It's not really a fast read because it's about depression. For about a week I was convinced I was clinically depressed. My mom bought me Joshua Ferris' Then We Came to the End recently for my birthday so I'm looking forward to starting on that sooner or later.
See what's the latest at Zulkey.com.

Now, about that kangaroo....

--Marshal Zeringue