Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Leslie Morgan Steiner

Leslie Morgan Steiner is the editor of the best-selling Mommy Wars: Stay-at-Home and Career Moms Face Off on Their Choices, Their Lives, Their Families, and author of the newly released Crazy Love, a memoir about surviving domestic violence.

Last week I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I am rereading Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. I saw the movie first almost by accident -- my husband was out of town and I stumbled into the theater looking for a good chic flick. I liked the film so much that I went straight to Barnes and Noble next door and bought all four books. I have enjoyed them immensely. I think the fourth, Breaking Dawn, is the best one -- quite an accomplishment for any author. I find the second time around the books are just as compelling, thrilling, and entertaining. I find it difficult to believe that Bella isn't walking around the Pacific Northwest as I write this -- she is very real to me.

I am also reading The Forgotten Man by former Wall Street Journal reporter Amity Shlaes. The book is a tightly researched history of the Great Depression and Roosevelt's policies. Given our current economic situation, the book is very relevant!

My three kids love me to read to them aloud each night, so I have three more books going. My seven year old is enthralled by Carl Hiaasen. We just finished Hoot and have started Flush. My ten year old likes Judy Blume, so we are reading Then Again Maybe I Won't. Good reading and a great way to sneak in a little sex ed at the same time. My oldest is 12 and he is reading Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx.
Visit Leslie Morgan Steiner's website.

--Marshal Zeringue