Monday, May 6, 2013

Amy Sue Nathan

Amy Sue Nathan lives and writes near Chicago where she hosts the popular blog, Women's Fiction Writers. She has published articles in Huffington Post, Chicago Tribune and New York Times Online among many others. Nathan is the proud mom of a son and a daughter in college, and a willing servant to two rambunctious rescued dogs.

Her new novel is The Glass Wives.

Not so long I asked the author about what she was reading.  Nathan's reply:
When I read a lot for freelance editing, I tend to read less for pleasure. I know, I know, but there is only so much my eyes can take. That being said, right now I’m only reading one book other than a client’s manuscript that’s 500 pages, and my own words of my new novel—and that’s an advance copy of The Wednesday Daughters by Meg Waite Clayton. I’ve been waiting for this book because The Wednesday Sisters was one of my all-time favorite novels. This new book isn’t a sequel, but it does have some of the characters, now all grown-up, and has the same exploration of friendships and secrets as Meg’s other books. I can’t help but meld the two together in my head as I read, because the main characters, who are daughters (duh) of the original Wednesday Sisters, explore perceptions and memories of their mothers’ joint and individual pasts, as well as the brand new story in this book. I’m only about 50 pages in but cannot wait to see where the story takes me.
Visit Amy Sue Nathan's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Amy Sue Nathan & Mitzi and Lizzie.

My Book, The Movie: The Glass Wives.

--Marshal Zeringue