Friday, September 4, 2015

Peter Lefcourt

Peter Lefcourt is a refugee from the trenches of Hollywood, where he has distinguished himself as a writer and producer of film and television.

His new novel is Purgatory Gardens.

Recently I asked Lefcourt about what he was reading. His reply:
At the moment, I am reading a book of stories by Alice Munro, entitled Runaway. Full disclosure: I am reading it because it was the choice of my reading group. I dove in reluctantly, but found myself gradually being seduced by the sheer originality of the author’s mind. Munro uses time in a most unconventional and effective manner, bouncing back and forth between present, past and future. Her characters are unpredictable, their apparently conventional lives fraught with all sorts of inner drama. There is a reason this woman won the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Visit Peter Lefcourt's website.

My Book, The Movie: Purgatory Gardens.

The Page 69 Test: Purgatory Gardens.

--Marshal Zeringue