Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sally Andrew

Sally Andrew lives on a nature reserve in South Africa's Klein Karoo with her partner, Bowen Boshier, and other wildlife, including a secretive leopard. Her background is in adult and environmental education, and she has published a number of nonfiction books.

Andrew's debut novel is Recipes for Love and Murder: A Tannie Maria Mystery.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I am halfway through the autobiography of Agatha Christie, which I am finding very entertaining and interesting. I admire her crime writing enormously, and find it fascinating what a fun and 'unambitious' child and young woman she was. She loved to play and to sing, and had quite some difficulty speaking and writing.

I'm also reading Alexander McCall Smith's charming '44 Scotland Street' series. They give me a lovely taste of Edinburgh, make me smile, and lower my adrenaline levels.

I have a pile of delicious Perry Mason novels (by Erle Stanley Gardner) that my man and I have hunted and gathered from second hand bookstores. I could gobble them all up at once, but I eke them out. I have just read The Case of the Amorous Aunt. Clever, funny, delightful. Can you believe that man used to write 1,000,000 words a year? (That's 10 x my book.)
Visit Sally Andrew's website.

My Book, The Movie: Recipes for Love and Murder.

The Page 69 Test: Recipes for Love and Murder.

--Marshal Zeringue