Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Nicole Trilivas

Nicole Trilivas has a deep appetite for travel and adventure and has visited over thirty countries and every continent except Antarctica (but it’s on her list). A graduate of Boston University, she has worked in advertising, and her writing has appeared in the New York Times online, Huffington Post, xoJane, Wanderlust, Paste, Thought Catalog, and elsewhere. She lives in New York and London. Girls Who Travel is her debut novel.

Right before Christmas I asked Trilivas about what she was reading. Her reply:
To get me in the Christmas spirit, I’ve just downloaded My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins. After reading Perkins’s Anna And The French Kiss I feel in love with her more sweet-than-sexy stories and her fun plots that are not too challenging. I’m going away for Christmas, so I want something easy to read, lighthearted, and happy-spirited while I'm away.

Next up, I have Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear on my to-read list, as I think it’s important to understand the creative process. That woman is so prolific and wise! She writes as if she’s talking to dear friend—and you’re that dear friend. Her podcasts of the same name are also great.

Lastly, I just finished Caitlin Moran’s How to Build a Girl, which was funny, and sad, and hopeful all at once. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, but above all, it rang true and authentic. Every girl (and woman) should read this one.
Visit Nicole Trilivas's website.

--Marshal Zeringue