Friday, January 8, 2016

Tracy Weber

Tracy Weber is the author of the award-winning Downward Dog Mysteries series featuring yoga teacher Kate and her feisty German shepherd, Bella. Weber loves sharing her passion for yoga and animals in any form possible. The third book in her series, Karma's a Killer, is out this month from Midnight Ink.

Weber and her husband live in Seattle with their challenging yet amazing German shepherd Tasha. When she’s not writing, the author spends her time teaching yoga, walking Tasha, and sipping Blackthorn cider at her favorite ale house.

Recently I asked Weber about what she was reading. Her reply:
I don’t have nearly as much time to read as I used to, so when I do pick up novel, I stick with one of my favorites. I’m currently reading The Alpine Vengeance by Mary Daheim. I love both of Mary’s series, but the Emma Lord Mystery series is my favorite. It takes place in the semifictional Pacific Northwest town of Alpine, which in reality is a now-defunct logging town that existed in the early twentieth century.

Small-town newspaper owner Emma Lord always manages to solve the crime while navigating the world of an “outsider” to small-town life. This series has especially come to life for me now that I’ve gotten to know Ms. Daheim. Her characters are as fun and quirky as she is and, I’ve learned, are occasionally based on real people.

Whenever I pick up a book in the series, I feel like I’m revisiting old friends—the perfect companions to cuddle up with next to the fireplace on a cold, rainy Seattle evening. This particular installment is unique, because it revolves around a murder committed ten years prior to the book’s beginning, after the person who supposedly committed the crime has died in prison.

I haven’t guessed the killer yet, but if Mary’s other books are any indication, I am sure to be both surprised and satisfied.
Visit Tracy Weber's website, blog, and Facebook page.

Coffee with a Canine: Tracy Weber and Tasha.

The Page 69 Test: Murder Strikes a Pose.

The Page 69 Test: A Killer Retreat.

The Page 69 Test: Karma's a Killer.

--Marshal Zeringue