Sunday, March 19, 2017

Elana K. Arnold

Elana K. Arnold writes books for and about children and teens. She holds a master’s degree in Creative Writing/Fiction from the University of California, Davis where she has taught Creative Writing and Adolescent Literature.

Arnold's new book is A Boy Called Bat.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
Today, I just handed in copy edits for Bat 2, Bat and the Waiting Game. So, I have been reading and rereading those pages for the last couple of weeks, which has been really thrilling. I love seeing a manuscript at this stage: so close you can taste it, but still a secret between a small circle of people.

I just finished reading Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero and the forthcoming Pointe, Claw by Amber Keyser, both of which struck me as timely and important.

Additionally, I have been revisiting Agatha Christie. My wonderful Nana died recently, and she and I shared a love for Christie’s books (except for the Tommy and Tuppence mysteries… neither of us liked those).

Books I am excited to read but haven’t yet dived into include Laurel Snyder’s forthcoming Orphan Island and the third book in Elena Ferrante’s Neopolitan Quartet. I adored the first two.
Learn more about the book and author at Elana K. Arnold's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Boy Called Bat.

--Marshal Zeringue