Wednesday, August 16, 2017

James Abel

James Abel is the pseudonym for Bob Reiss, an accomplished author and journalist who has written extensively on the Arctic. He lives and works in New York City.

Abel's new novel is Vector.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
Just now I've got three books on my table, all written by favorites, all there for different reasons, all there so I can learn.

Don Winslow's Dawn Patrol, like all his books, has fantastic speed to it. Somehow Winslow manages to give us fully fleshed out characters, a complex plot, and a tour of a new area...all without losing pace.

T. Jefferson Parker, in Crazy Blood, and his other books, manages to keep it sensitive without losing thrills.

Douglas Preston's Blasphemy incorporates science and fact and educates without...again...losing pace in a thriller. I admire all these guys.
Visit James Abel's website.

My Book, The Movie: Vector.

--Marshal Zeringue