Sunday, September 2, 2018

Rea Frey

Rea Frey is an award-winning author of nonfiction books. She lives in Nashville with her husband and daughter.

Her new novel is Not Her Daughter.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Frey's reply:
Right now, I have a list a mile high of books I should/want/need to read. Currently I’m reading David Bell’s Somebody’s Daughter. (I mean his book has Daughter in the title, too, so it must be good, right?) Because I’m a bit obsessed with kidnappings, this one presents a very interesting premise: a man gets a knock on the door to discover his ex-wife. She says her 10-year-old daughter is missing. What the man doesn’t know is that the daughter is his. Or is it? It’s a fast-paced race to see who’s telling the truth and what happened to the girl. I love books that have me questioning until the very last page and David’s succinct, sparse writing and attention to action present a master class in a gripping suspense.

I also recently finished Kimberly Belle’s Three Days Missing, which is another kidnapping story about a little boy who goes missing from his summer camp. Belle creates a mother’s worst nightmare and presents twists and turns with possible motives you don’t see coming.
Visit Rea Frey's website.

My Book, The Movie: Not Her Daughter.

The Page 69 Test: Not Her Daughter.

--Marshal Zeringue