Thursday, April 18, 2019

Katy Loutzenhiser

Katy Loutzenhiser grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts, dabbling in many art forms and watching age-inappropriate movies. After graduating from Bowdoin College, she found an unlikely home in the Chicago comedy scene and regularly sang improvised musicals in public. These days she writes YA books in Brooklyn, where she lives with her husband. She is probably eating a burrito right now.

Loutzenhiser's new novel is If You're Out There.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
Though my own work doesn't quite fall under the "rom-com" category (my debut, If You're Out There, can best be described as a friendship-themed mystery/comedy with a dash of romance), my reading is heavy on the light and fluffy. A recent favorite was the debut YA novel Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan (out April 30). It follows a girl's romantic trials and tribulations during her summer job dressed as a hot dog. Honestly, the story had me at hot dog, and it did not disappoint! I also just finished the audiobook for One Day In December by Josie Silver. A Reese Witherspoon pick with exceedingly charming British narrators, the sample all but guaranteed the book would weasel its way into my heart, which it totally did. When I'm in the thick of writing, nothing helps me unwind quite like a fun, clever love story.
Visit Katy Loutzenhiser's website.

My Book, The Movie: If You're Out There.

--Marshal Zeringue