Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lesley Kagen

Lesley Kagen is the author of Whistling in the Dark, Land of a Hundred Wonders, Tomorrow River and Good Graces.

Last month I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I read three to four books at a time. Usually one literary, one with a strong sense of humor, and one mystery. Depending upon the mood I'm in on any given day, that's the book I'll pick up.

I just completed Megan Abbott's The End of Everything. I was drawn to the subject matter, child abduction, as it's something that I write about as well. I was also intrigued by the fact that it was narrated from the POV of an adolescent girl. A captivating story with complex relationships. Intense and impressive.

Just beginning Domestic Violets by Mathew Norman. So far, so funny. Witty and fast paced. Life is hard. We all need some comic relief.

Also reading Felix Francis's Gamble. I'm a horse person. I've read and loved all of Dick Francis's books set in the racing world. I was hesitant, afraid I'd be disappointed by this first book written entirely by his son, but Felix is doing a great job caring on the series.
Visit Lesley Kagen's website.

Writers Read: Lesley Kagen.

My Book, The Movie: Good Graces.

--Marshal Zeringue