Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sabrina Benulis

Sabrina Benulis graduated with a master’s in writing popular fiction from Seton Hill University. She currently resides in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania with her husband, Mike, and her spoiled cockatiel, Caesar.

Last year's Archon is her debut novel.

Recently I asked Benulis what she was reading. Her reply:
I'm ecstatic when I actually have the time to read, so unfortunately my book list grows and is finished slowly. So, since reading is an investment, I try to pick up only what I know will be worth my while. Every so often I'm also given books as gifts, and lately I've received ARC copies of books soon to be released. Right now, I'm reading an ARC (though I believe the novel has since been officially released) of a story called Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver. Liesl & Po is technically middle-grade fiction, but it's been very good so far--an imaginative story about alchemists, and a gray world, and a little girl who befriends a ghost that is admittedly somewhat creepy. Right up my alley!

I also love Japanese manga and am a huge old-school fan of Sailor Moon, so I plan to snap up a copy of the re-release of that classic comic in the near future. As well as a copy of the manga for Puella Magi Madoka Magica once it's released state-side.

What else have I been reading?

Little tidbits here and there about unicorns and dragons, owls and fairies.

Research in books about demons, exorcisms, and other arcane things.

Recipes! And books about baby names.

And every little bit of it eventually ends up in my own novels...
Visit Sabrina Benulis's website, blog, and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: Archon.

--Marshal Zeringue