Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Michael F. Haspil

Michael F. Haspil is a geeky engineer and nerdy artist. A veteran of the U.S. Air Force, he had the opportunities to serve as an ICBM crew commander and as a launch director at Cape Canaveral. The art of storytelling called to him from a young age and he has plied his craft over many years and through diverse media. He has written original stories for as long as he can remember and has dabbled in many genres. However, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror have whispered directly to his soul.

Haspil's new novel is Graveyard Shift.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I generally read several books at a time, but I bounce between fiction and non-fiction. I'm not that far into either book I'm reading at the moment.

The non-fiction book is called Once Upon A Time In Shaolin by Cyrus Bozorgmehr. It covers how the current state of the music industry drove members of the Wu-Tang Clan to make a single album as an artistic statement, and how a notorious troll sabotaged their idea. So far, it is an excellent read.

My fiction choice is also a superb book. Enemy by Betsy Dornbusch is the third book of her Seven Eyes series. She's built a richly detailed fantasy world. The first book, Exile, found Draken banished to a new land after jailers tossed him overboard from a ship. Better than a death sentence, I suppose. In the second book, Emissary, Draken, after turning circumstances to his advantage in book one, once again finds himself in dire straits. Can't wait to see how much trouble he gets himself into in this one. I love it!
Visit Michael F. Haspil's website.

My Book, The Movie: Graveyard Shift.

--Marshal Zeringue