Friday, September 21, 2018

Ashley Weaver

Ashley Weaver is the Technical Services Coordinator for the Allen Parish Libraries in Louisiana. Weaver has worked in libraries since she was 14; she was a page and then a clerk before obtaining her MLIS from Louisiana State University.

Weaver's new novel, An Act of Villainy, is her fifth Amory Ames Mystery.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’m currently reading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I’m thoroughly enjoying the novel. The story of a woman thrown into realm of outrageous riches has all the fun and frivolity of a modern-day fairytale.

I’m also reading a pair of true crime books. The Poisoner’s Handbook by Deborah Blum is one I’ve been meaning to read for a long time, and I’m loving it. It’s the fascinating account of the development of the first forensic toxicology unit in 1920s New York. It’s peppered with historical details, accounts of accidental deaths and devious murders, and fascinating facts about forensic pathology and poison. My other true crime read is The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule. The story of crime writer Ann Rule’s dawning realization that the serial killer she’s been covering is none other than her friend and former co-worker Ted Bundy is definitely a page-turner.

Rounding out my currently-reading list is an audiobook. Rogue Heroes by Ben Macintyre details the history of the SAS, Britain’s secret special forces unit, which was developed during WWII. Read by the author, the audiobook follows a motley crew of heroes in their quest to sabotage the Nazis and help win the war. It is absolutely riveting.
Visit Ashley Weaver's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Most Novel Revenge.

The Page 69 Test: An Act of Villainy.

--Marshal Zeringue