Monday, September 17, 2018

Katie Sise

Sometimes Katie Sise is an author, TV host, and jewelry designer featured in major fashion magazines and television shows, but mostly she’s a leggings-clad coffee-drinking mother of four.

We Were Mothers, her debut adult novel, is a critically acclaimed novel about three seemingly perfect couples whose lives turn very dark over the course of one weekend.

Recently I asked Sise about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’m reading two terrific books right now, both nonfiction, both very different. One author I know personally, and the other I feel like I do. My friend Fran Hauser’s new book is called The Myth of The Nice Girl. It empowers women to step into their kindness and lead effectively. Fran embodies this! It’s so refreshing to read a book that values innate kindness and generosity in the workplace, instead of teaching women to squash their kindness in order to succeed. The other book on my nightstand is The Tenth Island, a memoir by Diana Marcum. It’s a wonderful read about her travels on a set of islands called the Azores. I only have a few pages left to go, and I’ve treasured my time in this book because it’s a total escape — I feel like I’m traveling right along with her because of the language she uses to describe the islands. I want to book a plane ticket and discover the Azores myself.
Visit Katie Sise's website.

--Marshal Zeringue