Tuesday, January 8, 2019

David Housewright

David Housewright is the Edgar Award and three-time Minnesota Book Award-winning author of the Rushmore McKenzie and Holland Taylor novels as well as other tales of murder and mayhem in the Midwest.

His new novel is First, Kill the Lawyers.

Recently I asked Housewright about what he was reading. His reply:
I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I’m reading Julie Klassen, an award-winning author of Historical Romance novels. I’m not a romance kind of guy. Hell, I play hockey 26 weeks out of the years. But I met Julie at a couple of literary events here in Minnesota and liked her very much. She is smart, funny, and considerate so I thought I’d give her books a chance. Damn, they’re good! First they’re not really Historical Romance despite what the lady might tell you. They’re straight up thrillers and as suspenseful as anything you’ll read by Tami Hoag and PJ Tracy (which I also know, like and read). My advice, start with The Secret of Pembrooke Park, which won the Minnesota Book Award, followed by The Tutor's Daughter. Or simply dive into her bibliography. Just about everything the woman’s written has won something or been nominated for something.
Learn more about the book and author at David Housewright's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: First, Kill the Lawyers.

--Marshal Zeringue