Tuesday, January 15, 2019

M.K. England

M.K. England is an author and YA librarian who grew up on the Space Coast of Florida and now calls the mountains of Virginia home. When she’s not writing or librarianing, England can be found drowning in fandom, rolling dice at the gaming table, climbing on things in the woods, feeding her video game addiction, or talking way too much about space and science literacy. She loves Star Wars with a desperate, heedless passion. It’s best if you never speak of Sherlock Holmes in her presence. You’ll regret it. The Disasters is her debut novel.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. England's reply:
I'm a book juggler, and I frequently have several books going in a variety of formats at any given time.

In audio:

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin

I'm one of those people who reads self-improvement books throughout the year, but especially at the new year. I just finished this is a great book about habit formation, narrated by the author, that embraces the fact that we're all different and there's no one right way to help a habit stick. A great way to kick off the year!

Nemesis by Brendan Reichs

I've been meaning to read this YA thriller forever and Brendan and I are doing an event together later this month, so I finally bumped it to the top of my list. Lots of twists and turns!

In ebook:

Sofia Khan Is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

An adult romantic comedy that comes highly recommended to me by a friend! I always like to have a romance novel on deck for when I need something to brighten my day.

In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan

I bought this one the day it came out and never got around to it, which is tragic because I'm so enjoying it. Thanks to everyone on instagram and twitter who recommended this and reminded me I owned it! Funny, magical, witty—an utter delight.

In print:

Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks: A Workbook for Managing Depression and Anxiety by Seth J. Gillihan

I've struggled with anxiety and depression, among other things, for most of my life. I find that reading books like this in between times when I'm able to get to therapy is a great way to keep in the healing mindset. I read a few pages every morning!
Visit M. K. England's website.

--Marshal Zeringue