Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Adam Mitzner

Adam Mitzner is currently the head of the litigation department of Pavia & Harcourt LLP in midtown Manhattan and the author of several acclaimed novels, including Dead Certain, A Conflict of Interest, A Case of Redemption, Losing Faith, The Girl from Home, Dead Certain and Never Goodbye.

Mitzner's new novel is A Matter of Will.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
Before I start writing a new book, I like to do a lot of reading. (And in this case, the new book is not the one after A Matter of Will, but the one after that, which I just submitted to my publisher for publication in April 2020). At the moment, I’m juggling the following:

Boom: Mad Money, Mega Dealers, and the Rise of Contemporary Art by Michael Shnayerson

In my legal practice, I’ve represented many artists and gallery owners. I’ve always wanted to set a novel in the art world because the idea that someone could scribble on a blank piece of paper and turn it into a million dollars is fascinating to me. One of the early quotes in the book is attributed to Jasper Johns, when he is told that one of his works sold for a $100 million, and he says, “That’s nice, but it has nothing to do with art.”

The Better Sister by Alafair Burke

Alafair was the first real author I met, when I attended a reading of hers right before my first novel came out. Since then, I’ve never missed one of her books, and I’ve never been disappointed either.

The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz

This is a sequel to The Word is Murder, Horowitz’s meta novel where he writes himself into the story in the Watson role to a Sherlock named Daniel Hawthorne, a former police inspector turned private detective whom Horowitz both despises and is amazed by. The first book was so good that I started watching The Midsomer Murders, a British procedural that Horowitz references in the book because he wrote some of the early episodes.
Visit Adam Mitzner's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Conflict of Interest.

My Book, The Movie: A Conflict of Interest.

The Page 69 Test: A Case of Redemption.

My Book, The Movie: A Case of Redemption.

The Page 69 Test: Losing Faith.

My Book, The Movie: Losing Faith.

The Page 69 Test: A Matter of Will.

--Marshal Zeringue