Tuesday, July 23, 2019

J. Todd Scott

J. Todd Scott was born in rural Kentucky and attended college and law school in Virginia, where he set aside an early ambition to write to pursue a career as a federal agent. His assignments have taken him all over the U.S and the world, but a badge and gun never replaced his passion for books and writing. He now resides in the American Southwest, and when he’s not hunting down very bad men, he’s hard at work on his next book.

His debut novel, The Far Empty, was published in 2016.

Scott's new novel is This Side of Night.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
At any given time, I’m reading multiple books simultaneously, both on my Kindle and the “real thing,” all stacked up on my nightstand. Here are a few now: Riley Sager’s, Lock Every Door, Adrian McKinty’s The Chain, Chuck Wendig’s Wanderers, and Jonathan Moore’s Blood Relations. At the time I’m writing this, I’m a few days away from the launch of This Side of Night, and I’m set to share an event with David Bell (who I’ve gotten to know), and Cristina Alger (who I’m looking forward to meeting). Since I want to be able to talk about their books, I’m reading David’s Layover and Cristina’s Girls Like Us. So far, both are fantastic, although they’re very different (I think) from the sort gritty, Border noir that I’ve been doing in my Big Bend novels. I actually find that I read widely “out of genre” all the time. I love fantasy/sci-fi and horror, and I’m just as likely to be reading something in that vein as I am a crime or suspense novel. Later this month, Tim Lebbon’s new book drops – The Edge – and I’m a big fan of everything he does.
Visit J. Todd Scott's website.

My Book, The Movie: This Side of Night.

The Page 69 Test: This Side of Night.

--Marshal Zeringue