Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Alena Dillon

Alena Dillon is the author of Mercy House, a LibraryReads and Amazon book of February 2020, and the humor collection I Thought We Agreed to Pee in the Ocean. Dillon’s work has appeared in publications including LitHub, River Teeth, Scary Mommy, Slice Magazine, The Rumpus, The Doctor TJ Eckleburg Review, Bustle, and The Smart Set. She teaches creative writing at Endicott College and St. Joseph’s College and lives on the beautiful north shore of Boston with her husband, newborn son, and little black pup named Penny.

Recently I asked Dillon about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’m currently reading nonfiction essay collections on early motherhood. My son just celebrated his first birthday. I’ve found motherhood to be rewarding and challenging and confusing and joyous and overwhelming. When my emotions are this complex, I turn to the page, both by writing and reading. I’m consuming the world of motherhood so that I can find a community who have been through what I’m going through, so that I can make sense of the journey, and maybe even understand what I’m feeling and why.
Visit Alena Dillon's website.

The Page 69 Test: Mercy House.

My Book, The Movie: Mercy House.

--Marshal Zeringue