Thursday, September 10, 2026

Laura Creedle

Laura Creedle is the author of The Deep Well, which Kirkus Reviews called “a fresh take on horror,” and The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily. When they’re not writing, Creedle can usually be found playing pinball or watching indie horror. They live in Austin, Texas, with their husband and a feral cat named Hellman who was found with her head stuck in a mayonnaise jar.

Creedle's new novel is The Girl in Green.

Recently I asked the author about what they were reading. Creedle's reply:
I’m reading a lot of indie horror right now. Last time I was in Louisville Ky, I went to Butcher Cabin book. The co-owner of the store, Jenny Kiefer, wrote a book called This Wretched Valley, about a lost climbing expedition in the wilds of Kentucky. I’m a sucker for the idea of a lost expedition, Dyatlov Pass style, so it instantly piqued my interest. The author is a rock climber and it shows and all the details. There are paranormal aspects to the book but since I’m afraid of heights, I found the climbing scenes particularly nerve-wracking.

I just finished Silvia Moreno Garcia’s Velvet was the Night. I loved Mexican Gothic, and I was expecting something similar, but this book took me by surprise. It’s a noir set in the wake of Mexico’s 1971 Corpus Christi student massacre. I didn’t know this history and I found the book fascinating.
Visit Laura Creedle's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily.

My Book, The Movie: The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily.

Writers Read: Laura Creedle (January 2018).

--Marshal Zeringue