Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thomas Perry

Thomas Perry is the author of the Jane Whitefield series as well as the best-selling novels Strip, Runner, Fidelity, Silence, Nightlife, Death Benefits, and Pursuit. He won the Edgar Award for The Butcher's Boy, and Metzger's Dog was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year.

His new novel is The Informant.

About three weeks ago I asked Perry what he was reading. His reply:
Last Sunday I was on a panel at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books with Don Winslow. I hadn't seen him since another event last November, and I remembered how much I liked his work, from Cool Breeze on the Underground to The Power of the Dog.

I'm pretty busy much of the time, and while I was at the festival I remembered I hadn't gotten around to reading Savages. So I got him to sign a copy for me, and read it on the airplane the past two days on a short trip to San Francisco. I thought it was very, very good (no criticisms), and I was glad I read it now, because a movie is being made, and I like to read a book before my impressions are wrenched around by a big, loud movie with stars taking the place of characters.
Visit Thomas Perry's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: The Informant.

--Marshal Zeringue