Saturday, November 3, 2012

Adele Griffin

Adele Griffin is a two time National Book Award Finalist and the author of some of our most haunting and unforgettable young adult novels.

Her latest novel is All You Never Wanted.

Last month I asked Griffin what she was reading.  Her reply:
I've got a book of poems I just finished, called Spit Back a Boy, by Iain Haley Pollock. I got to meet Iain a few weeks ago, just knew his work would be thoughtful-- it is. And my friend has me hooked reading the first volume of journals of Virginia Woolf-- this isn't really a book you dive into and forget about the world. I keep the book in the kitchen, it's a tea and read style book. But I can feel her life in quiet moments, in who she meets and what she has for tea....

I am finishing Unbreak My Heart by my friend Melissa Walker, this is a lovely summer getting-over-a-romance story, set on a sailboat, I love Melissa's wry lighthearted style in this book. And I'm about to start the David Foster Wallace biography, Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story, on several people's recommendation. And by the end of the month, I hope I've read May We Be Forgiven by AM Homes and Ask the Passengers by A.S. King. Finally, I need to finish Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain. It's so insightful, but I read it slowly, in pieces, and then give myself time to think about it. That's what we introverts do.
Visit Adele Griffin’s website and Facebook page.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Adele Griffin and Edith.

Writers Read: Adele Griffin (June 2011).

--Marshal Zeringue