Friday, July 15, 2016

Anthony Ryan

Anthony Ryan is the author of the Raven’s Shadow novels, including Blood Song, Tower Lord and Queen of Fire.

His new book is The Waking Fire, the first novel in the Draconis Memoria series.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I usually alternate between fiction and non-fiction, mostly history, but I’ve been on a bit of fiction kick recently. I just finished Blackdog by K.V. Johansen, the first in her Marakand Road series, which I found to be an excellent mix of lyrical prose, high fantasy and occasionally brutal action.

Yesterday I started reading an advance review copy of Infernal by a new author Mark De Jager, which is shaping up very well. It blends fantasy tropes with the structure of a modern thriller novel to good effect, think Lee Child meets David Gemmell.

I also listen to a lot of audiobooks and recently started on End of Watch by Stephen King, the last in his Bill Hodges crime trilogy. I’ve always been a big Stephen King fan and a lover of crime fiction so it’s kind’ve the perfect book for me, and Will Patton does an excellent job with the narration.

Next up will be City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin and Freedom of the Mask by Robert R. McCammon, after which I really need to get back to reading some history.
Visit Anthony Ryan's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Waking Fire.

My Book, the Movie: The Waking Fire.

--Marshal Zeringue