Tuesday, July 5, 2016

J.C. Lane

J.C. Lane is the author of the new thriller Tag, You’re Dead. She also writes mysteries as Judy Clemens, including the Stella Crown and Grim Reaper mysteries. She is a past president of Sisters in Crime and lives in Ohio, where she loves to read YA novels on her back porch with Max, a cozy orange cat.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Lane's reply:
At the Chicago ALA in 2013 I picked up an ARC of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, by debut author April Genevieve Tucholke. Because of a variety of factors, including my own book release, a bout with cancer, and other life kinds of things, I am only now reading this wonderful book. I can’t believe I’ve waited this long. Tucholke’s writing has drawn me in, from the characters to the narrative to the whole feeling of the story. Her prose is interesting and captivating, and the feel of the book is both beautiful and eerie. I’m still getting into the “meat” of the book, and don’t know how it’s going to turn out, or even who all of the characters “really” are, but I do know there is a second book about Violet called Between the Spark and the Burn, and Tucholke has another novel out, as well.

I also recently read a delightful middle-grade book called The BFF Bucket List, by Dee Romito. She captures the struggles of eighth grade/going into 9th grade perfectly. I recognized the issues since I have a girl of that exact age at home right now! Romito’s writing is easy to read and enjoyable, and she works things out in a realistic way, rather than like a fairy tale. I recommend it for parents as well as middle-schoolers!
Visit J.C. Lane's website.

My Book, The Movie: Tag, You're Dead.

--Marshal Zeringue