Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sarvenaz Tash

Sarvenaz Tash was born in Tehran, Iran and grew up on Long Island, NY. She received her BFA in Film and Television from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. This means she got to spend most of college running around and making movies (it was a lot of fun). She has dabbled in all sorts of writing including screenwriting, copywriting, and professional tweeting.

Tash's new book is The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I just finished Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff which so lived up to all the hype. It was probably the most insanely creative book I've ever read: so layered with plot and characterization and structure; and so beautifully presented. (This book 100% begs to be read in print, by the way).

I also just read the second volume of Brian K. Vaughan's Saga. I've only recently started reading more comic books and this series is just wonderful: page-turning, devastating, and funny in turns. It has stunningly gorgeous art by Fiona Staples too.

And I'm currently reading Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. I'm a huge Austenite, and I do love a good Jane Austen adaptation. That being said, I can also be very critical of them since I love the source material so much. I just started this one, but, so far, I think the modernization of the story is very clever.
Visit Sarvenaz Tash's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love.

--Marshal Zeringue