Sunday, December 10, 2017

Irene Radford

Irene Radford, author of the Dragon Nimbus (The Glass Dragon, The Perfect Princess, The Loneliest Magician, The Wizard's Treasure) and the Dragon Nimbus History (The Dragon's Touchstone, The Last Battlemage, The Renegade Dragon) series, often appears at conventions in the Oregon-California area. She is the author of the Stargods and Merlin's Descendants series as well, and is also one of the founders of the Book View Cafe.

Radford's new novel is A Spoonful of Magic.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
When I am writing Urban Fanatsy I cannot read Urban Fantasy. When I’m writing Historical Fantasy, after I’ve done the initial research, I cannot read a similar genre. My default popcorn books are cozy mysteries, with or without ghosts and paranormal elements as long as the mystery is the core of the story. Rhys Bowen and Carola Dunn are current favorites in historically set (early 20th C) cozies. Lea Wait, Joyce Tremel, and Lynn Cahoon are my current favorite authors. But I’ve been reading the genre for a long time and have devoured the entire lexicon of some older favorites like Jill Churchill, and Kaitlyn Dunnett, Susan M. Boyes. I will admit to being jaded. I cannot tolerate heroines who are whiney doormats, conned into doing what they know will be risky because the “owe” people they don’t like.
Visit Irene Radford's website and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: The Broken Dragon.

The Page 69 Test: The Broken Dragon.

My Book, The Movie: A Spoonful of Magic.

--Marshal Zeringue