Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Jeff Wheeler

Jeff Wheeler's new novel is The Forsaken Throne, the latest installment of The Kingfountain Series, which began with The Queen's Poisoner.

Recently I asked Wheeler about what he was reading. His reply:
The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty

I was recently given a copy of this book while visiting its publisher in New York. My friend, and previous editor, said it was the book he was looking forward to most. City of Brass is story of djinn and ancient magic set in Napoleonic Egypt. I’m not done yet but it’s reminded me a bit of the Bartimaeus novels by Jonathan Stroud, which I loved. Interested to see where it is going.

Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill

It’s not unlike Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis but with a more deliberate focus. This manuscript was unpublished for seventy years because it was deemed to be too controversial for its time and was finally released (posthumously) recently. Imagine someone interviewing the devil and finding out how he controls society today in subtle, malicious ways. No institution is safe from scrutiny. This book certainly challenges your thinking. In fact, its purpose is to make you think hard about yourself and your assumptions. Even better, imagine learning how to avoid the traps that have been set in motion for decades to control our thinking. As a student of history and a fan of Hill’s previous works, I thought it was worth a second read. It was.
Visit Jeff Wheeler's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Queen's Poisoner.

My Book, The Movie: The Queen's Poisoner.

--Marshal Zeringue