Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Jane Corry

Jane Corry is the author of The Dead Ex, published by Pamela Dorman Books. Her previous books, My Husband’s Wife and Blood Sisters, were international bestsellers.

Recently I asked Corry about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’ve just started reading The Tattooist Of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. To be honest, I’ve had it on my bedside table for a while because I didn’t feel in the right frame of mind to tackle a serious subject. But the new year moved me to open it and as soon as I read the first page, I was hooked. Why? It was the main character who drew me in. Here is a man who fell into the job of tattooing prisoners in concentration camps. You might say he’s a bit of a jack-the-lad but he also has strong family values. Then he falls in love. I’ve just got to this bit (I kept on reading well beyond midnight). Now I can’t wait for bedtime tonight. What makes it particularly moving is that the real-life protagonist told his story to the author and trusted her to write his story. In my view, she’s done a great job.
Follow Jane Corry on Twitter and Facebook.

The Page 69 Test: The Dead Ex.

My Book, The Movie: The Dead Ex.

--Marshal Zeringue